Monday, April 12, 2010

April already?

Scratch that...April 12th already?  I mean, wow, where does the time go?  I can't believe what a horrible blogger I have been.  I really have no good excuse.  Too tired?  Too busy?  Too distracted?  Out of town?  While all of those excuses seem to apply these days, none of them sound really legitimate.  I will simply apologize and get on with blogging already...


The past few weeks have been filled with activity.  Everything from our home reno project to vacation to hanging out with friends.  Let's talk about vacation!  We managed to slip away for a few days last week and spend some time on Lake Oconee in Georgia with my family.  It was 5 glorious days of lounging around and relaxing.  Five VERY needed days...for both Coco and me.  A special thank you to my sweet parents for allowing us the opportunity to be vegetables. :)  


Our little home addition is coming to a close.  There are lots of small items to be finished up and we hope that these will be complete in another week.  The nesting phase of my pregnancy has set in and I am ready to get organized and move into our new space.  Parker's nursery furniture is scheduled to be delivered Thursday and we hope to move much of our belongings out of storage this weekend.  I can't wait!  The addition is beautiful and I can't wait to share some final pictures.  In the mean time, I have a few shots of our recently (as in Saturday afternoon) finished screened porch.  It is wonderfully relaxing space, there is lots of decorating to be done out there but we pulled this together in a pinch to host some dear friends for a cookout Saturday night (can we say fire drill?).


What do you think of the patio furniture we scored off Craigslist?


Coco was planted out here from 4:00 Saturday until late Sunday night soaking up all he could of The Masters and  car racing.


I hope you have a fabulous week!  More blogging to come this week - a few shots from our vacation including the Masters practice round we attended!


Oh - and speaking of Parker, I had my 28 week appointment last week (yes, third trimester -- I can't believe it!) and he seems to be cooking just right.  Please pray for a smooth last trimester for both me and Parker.

2 comments:

Imjustagirl said...

WOW!! Time sure does seem to fly!! and the furniture looks great!!

The LaVecchia's said...

Okay, so I kind of stalk your blog. I know, I know...But I just had to comment on the screened porch and furniture! SO JEALOUS! It is looking very cute so far!