Monday, September 20, 2010

Parker's Nursery

Parker's nursery has been work in progress and I am still not really done but sharing his room with you is long overdue.  Nearly everyone in my family had a part in Little P's room.  I prefer things that have meaning in design and his room is full of sweet and funny memories already.  




The vinyl bible verse above the crib was applied loving (er, painstakingly) by Sissy and Doc.


The framed print above the changing table was painted by Parker's great grandmother (my Gammie).







Check out the post about the changing table/dresser here and the lamp project here.


These bumper pads really deserve an entire blog post to themselves.  My wonderfully fabulous mother (aka "Honey" to Parker) slaved over these bumper pads to get them just right (let's just say there is no "pattern" for square bumper pads that exist only in Kiki's head).  Sissy and I spent hours in a fabric store in Atlanta coming up with all sorts of fabulous ideas and my poor mother was left to execute our complicated vision.  An endless THANK YOU to Honey.  It looks awesome.  Perfect, in fact.  I am forever indebted. :)  






Oh - and don't worry, I have been informed this was a one time deal.  I have used up my bumper pad favors. I think I drove my sweet mother to cursing with this little project. Hmmmm...maybe she'll change her mind by the time we are considering #2.  Then again, maybe not.


How fabulous is the monogrammed window valance?  That was another "Kiki vision" that I coerced Coco, Sissy and Doc to execute one afternoon (I was conveniently on bed rest and "instructing" from the couch).  Check out Sissy's blogpost (courtesy of Doc) of this adventure here and here.  Oh, and construction of this little wonder didn't end here...Honey spent a number of hours trying to get the monogrammed button in place.  I believe a "thank you" is in order...I love my family!




As I write this post, I am reminded that it is a wonder my family still speaks to me!  Oh, that's right...I am partly responsible for this sweet face...and magically I am forgiven. :)




Let me know what you think of Parker's room.  I am not done...but I think my family is!





4 comments:

The Spann's said...

i of course love it and i'm glad i didn't have to hang anything :)

Keri said...

The nursery is so adorable...so glad I was able to see it in person. Glad to meet Mr Parker too...he is absolutely precious! It was good seeing you and Will as well :)
Looking forward to our next visit!

meredith said...

precious...but you forgot to mention the best part...those little creatures in the basket that gave my daughter a heart attack. geez. gotta work on her comfort around stuffed animals!

Unknown said...

What a perfect sanctuary for Parker to rest his sweet head. Great job to all who had a hand. Kate, you will find forgiveness for a great multitude of infractions because of that sweet face...I mean Parker's of course.