Saturday, August 29, 2009

A visit from MC and Dr. W!


Dr. W and MC

My sister, MC, and her hubby, Dr. W, came to Birmingham this week! They came in town for MC to get her hair cut. Yes, you read correctly - they drove an hour and forty-five minutes for a haircut. For those of you who are similarly afflicted with hair worship like my sister and me, you will totally understand this concept. For those of you who are not you will think we are crazy. That's ok. I am willing to deal with that perception all in the name of fabulous hair. Hey, a girl's gotta properly maintain one of her most valuable assets, right?

Anyhoo, we were able to grab some lunch during my work day and hit some of our favorite spots that evening before they headed back. Lucy even got a special visit from her cousin, Bailey. I am so glad they came to visit and can't wait for them to return!

Bailey and Lucy "playing". Um, I think this is more like Bailey is trying to ignore the pesky little one. Do you see that he is showing his teeth to her? He is so not into the licking Lucy likes so much.


Ah, Sephora. What more is there to say?


We made sure to eat at one of Dr. W's favorite spots, Jim n' Nicks BBQ. They have the BEST cheese biscuits imaginable. I managed to scarf down 2 and 1/2 biscuits before we ordered our meal! Needless to say I chose a salad for dinner. :)


Coco and me clowning around at the table - he was NOT into the picture snapping. I am going to have to work on him.


That oh so irresistible gooey yumminess.


The last stop was Doodles, this fantastic sorbet and ice place in Cahaba Heights. MC and Dr. W never make a trip to Birmingham without at least one stop at Doodles. My favorite flavor? Too many to pick just one - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Birthday Cake, and Raspberry just to name a few. Oh and Dr. W always chooses grape. :) I promise I don't eat this everyday!

7 comments:

Monogramchick said...

We had a great time! Looks like we came there to eat rathen than shop and get a hair cut! ;)

Keri said...

Looks like you and your sis had a great visit! I completely understand the whole haircut thing...just ask Missy!
And I love me some cheese biscuits too...they are sooo good!

Unknown said...

I WANT TO COME BACK... For the food and the company :)

Rachel H. said...

I can totally relate...I drive two hours to get my haircut, and I don't know anyone in town to stop and have lunch with. So, I drive two hours, get my hair cut and drive two hours back. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Susan said...

What a fun day with your sister!

Susan

msssixtiesjewels said...

Understand hair? Heck yeah, I take special pieces into my salon to be cut and colored for wearing diva style! I love it long one day and short the next! I ain't never been quite right with hair!
I bet you are glad sis is back in the South East!

Anonymous said...

Saw your Lucy on your sister's blog, had to leave you a comment. I have a "pesky little one" too! Come check out my Chloe!