Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Made in Mexico

On one of our many trips around the country in the last year, Coco purchased a Garden and Gun magazine in the airport. I know this doesn't sound earth shattering - especially since he does neither...that is neither garden nor gun. I think the slight streak of Georgia redneck left in him urged him to make the fateful purchase. Why is this so special that I must bring it up now? This particular G&G publication held an article on Mexican Coke. What in the world is Mexican Coke you ask (with bated breath I'm sure)? According to Coco it is the sweetest nectar this side of the Mississippi. Mexican Coke is made with good ole cane sugar not the high fructose corn syrup produced in the US of A these days. Ever since he read this article, we have been on a tear to locate these goods. Coco spotted (hmmm...I believe it was more like stalked) them at a local Mexican market and at $2.50 per 12 oz bottle they are a sweet treat {For what its worth coming from a die hard DC addict, I must say the Mexican version is WAY better - almost palatable}. Imagine Coco's glee (and my relief - no more slinking into the Mexican market on the questionable side of town) when we located this sweet stuff at our local Costco this weekend. Yep, you read right, after eating wandering through the aisles of our neighborhood Costco we stumbled upon the sweet nectar. Two cases later - yep, 48 bottles of Mexican coke - at only $18 a case (for those mathematicians out there that is less than $1 a bottle...what a deal) we were barreling towards home to get them chilling in the fridge.





Oh the things that excite us these days. I guess its the little things that make life sweet. Anything for my Coco. :)

6 comments:

The Spann's said...

I'd like one w/ my pizza tonight please... :) just kidding - this is hilarious though.

Rachel H. said...

So funny!! I wish I knew what it tasted like! :)

Dr. W said...

Jsut a point of question... Isn't Mexico on the other side of the Mississippi? So the sweet nectar begins life on the other side of the Mississippi and then is transported across the river to this side; therefore since Mexican Coke (Coca Cola not that kind of Coke!!) obviously exists on both sides of the river one could conclude that it is the sweetest thing on either side of the Mississippi?

Coco, Can I get a witness?

Monogramchick said...

holla!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

OK, so now I am going to have to see if our Costco carries this! Sounds yummy!!

Madison Sanders said...

Yes, WAY better!